Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sandwiches



Obviously, we heard about Osama.  I don't want to really talk about that here, but it was funny that all yesterday evening one of our team leaders pranced around Taipei shouting, "We got him!" and "God bless America!"

Today, I've been off.  So I went into town and got a haircut.  The lady wanted to give me Asia spikes--or so she indicated with her fingers in my hair.  I told her that I wanted to leave it flat.  That cost about $11.00.  Later in the day, I went to the dentist office to get my teeth cleaned, that cost me $5.00.

I bought all the materials I needed today to make a sandwich.  It cost about $7.00.  For exactly half that, I could have gone and gotten a bigger, more delicious sandwich at the local Subway, which is nearer than the grocery store and I wouldn't have had to wait through the rough prep time.

Anyway, this was the week that our school was supposed to be opened for kids.  The new building, however, didn't pass inspection.  It looked almost ready, so I don't know what the hiccup was.  All I know is that we are expecting kids next week.  I won't be counting on it, though.

Oh, and since my computer died I took it to an Apple reseller to see if they could move stuff (especially my class PowerPoints) onto Ryan's computer from my harddrive.  No luck though.  It's all gone according to that guy.  Therefore, I've spent several hours this week remaking all my class PowerPoints.

Since last I wrote:
Went to the beach.
Went on the city's biggest ferris wheel (not quite as impressive as the London Eye, but better than Vienna's ferris wheel).
Purchased tickets to The Philippines and Thailand.
Did the Maokong gondola.
Got my new card key for the apartment (only took a month and a half).


Questions?
Baby octopus sushi.  Better than adult octopus because of a lack of big suction cups.





Not sure I like the end result, so I'm not showing it.

4 comments:

  1. You should have gotten the spikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experimented with spiking it this morning. No muy bien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the saying goes, "you will only have a few chances to have hair spikes in Asia." Wise words we should all live by.

    ReplyDelete